A few days ago, one of the members of our QA team reported that they couldn’t access any projects in TFS 2010’s Web Access other than one. They were getting an “access denied” error with no troubleshooting information attached. The one project they could get to was the one that they had been working with the whole time. Upon further investigation, the entire QA staff had this problem! I checked every log I could find… IIS and Windows security logs on the SSRS, TFS, and SharePoint machines… no indication of a problem. Then I looked at the configuration, and everything was perfect. I certainly didn’t see any errors. Eventually, I made a dummy user, added it to the appropriate group for permissions, and fired up a clean VM to test. Here’s what I found.
The error came up as soon as you chose “